Diatom Jobs (PhD, PostDoc, etc...)
PHD & POSTDOC:
Canadian Museum of Nature has a two year Postdoctoral Fellowship
position under the Center for Arctic knowledge and Exploration
(advertisement in French and English below).
If successful the candidate would be developing a comprehensive
freshwater flora for the Canadian Arctic. Research would include the
extensive use of our diatom collection, other historical collections and
present day DNA analyses. Candidates interested in applying should contact Paul B. Hamilton (email@example.com)Further information:http://www.nature.ca/en/about-us/careers-volunteering/careers/centre-arctic-knowledge-exploration-postdoctoral-fellowship
- 2 PhD students or 2 Postdoctoral Associate are available immediately at the Technische Universität Dresden. The successful applicants will work on two research projects in the topic area ‘TheMolecular Basis of Diatom Adhesion and Motility’. The positions are initially limited for 3 years (PhD student) or 2 years (Postdoc) with the possibility of extension. The period of employment is governed by the Fixed Term Research Contracts Act (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz - WissZeitVG). Due on December 31st.
- Diatom Analyst position at the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University.
A Postdoc position:
- A one-year postdoc position is available at the Metabolism, Engineering of Molecules from Microalgae and Applications at Le Mans University, France [Benoît Schoefs]. The position includes only research activities. In term of research we are looking for a candidate with an interest in molecular biology and stress physiology of diatoms.The full job advertisement is attached.Broad Algae Jobs:
- Taxonomist job in private firm for algae taxonomist. Main job will be to process both Diatom and Soft Algae samples. Preference will be given to those who demonstrate experience and knowledge of both types. Duties include identification of samples in a production environment and data summarization for reporting to clients. Job advertisment is attached.
- Taxonomist job in private firm for algae taxonomist. Main job will be
- Research Scientist position (phycologist) in taxonomy at the Canadian Museum of Nature (French English Imperative). See attached files and link below. Website links: https://nature.ca/en/about-us/careers-volunteering/careers/research-scientist-phycologist https://nature.ca/fr/sujet-musee/emplois-benevolat/emplois/chercheur-scientifique-phycologue
Others (tangentially diatom based):
No new updates...